Admits for TWAS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have to get to know each other.

5 posters

Go down

We have to get to know each other. Empty We have to get to know each other.

Post  rose-amour Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Hey guys, it's Rachel!

I figure that the best way to start off is to know each other. So here we should introduce ourselves.

Personal experience with mental illness?: I (primarily) have moderate to severe OCD (mostly obsessional, and not the stereotypical type), with various secondary anxiety disorders. I also have a depressive disorder, not yet specified. I have a pathological liar as a sister, who also has panic disorder. My best friend is a child of alcoholic parents, and my other best friend is gay.
Anything specific that could help the blog?: I am pretty decent with coding and I write HTML. I was hoping I would be OK'd to change up the theme a bit.
Time of day and amount of time you can be online?: I can be on almost every day after noon (EST). I have show choir every week day from 8:30am - 12:00pm. I sometimes have to work at the animal shelter, but I can work around that. I can stay on for however long necessary.
Anything else?: I am very passionate about this, and I do believe a "Meet the Admins" page would be a great idea. I would code the site if I was allowed to.(:

Fill out the template! It's lovely to meet you all.(:
rose-amour
rose-amour

Back to top Go down

We have to get to know each other. Empty Re: We have to get to know each other.

Post  Kyara Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Absolutely you can work on the theme!!! I have very basic knowledge and kind of do my best with it. Have a go Smile And thank you for making that template
Kyara
Kyara
Admin

https://twas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rose-amour Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Admin wrote:Absolutely you can work on the theme!!! I have very basic knowledge and kind of do my best with it. Have a go Smile And thank you for making that template
Thanks! Will do! And not a problem at all. I'll start working on it now!(:
rose-amour
rose-amour

Back to top Go down

Post  venus-in-lilac Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 pm

I think I just made an entire post.
And accidentally deleted it.
After writing an entire post saying don't leave anything complicated up to me because I will somehow manage to delete it.
Whoops.

Anyway. I can't be bothered typing it out again so I will say my name is ~*~Cod~*~. I'm old enough.

I really like thorny devils.
We have to get to know each other. Tumblr_m0hws8utBZ1r5ujkxo1_r1_500

I'm just going to share my experiences with mental health by listing my diagnosis using bullet point form which is rather impersonal and piteous but I know if I put any soul in this I will delete it again by mistake.

Mood
  • Psychotic major depressive disorder, atypical features (formerly dysthymia, double depression)
    Anxiety
  • Social phobia with selective mutism specification
  • Generalised anxiety disorder
  • Agoraphobia with panic disorder
  • Specific phobia (somniphobia, daemonophobia, paruresis, hypochondria, aichmophobia, ipovlopsychophobia, pediophobia, to be very exact, all of which wax and wane idiosyncratically)
  • Separation anxiety
    Impulse-control
  • OCD (mostly manifesting as pure-o)
  • Body focused repetitive behaviours (trich, derma, etc)
  • Body dysmorphic disorder (vehemently disagree with) with delusional disorder (formerly folie un deux, also vehemently disagree with)
  • Factitious disorder NOS (don't quite agree with that one either but it's acceptable)
  • Bulimia nervosa
    Developmental/behavioural
  • Asperger's Syndrome
  • Learning disorder NOS
  • ADD
  • Conduct disorder in childhood (don't quite have issues with that anymore)
    Misc
  • Dissociative disorder NOS (fugue, 2011)
  • Post traumatic stress
  • Paraphilia and sexual anhedonia
  • Dyssomnia/parasomnia NOS
  • And Self-defeating personality disorder (SDPD) with narcissistic (NAR) features. A barely recognised personality disorder which harbours a lot of issues with anxiety, self denying behaviours, body complaints, compulsive lying, somatic conversion, dysphoria, grandiosity, and co-dependency/control issues.

Most of my friends and most of my family members endure mental health issues and/or lie on the autistic spectrum. This has become my life. Wards and doctors. I don't mind it anymore. I embrace it.

Last edited by venus-in-lilac on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : thorny devil distractions)
venus-in-lilac
venus-in-lilac

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyara Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Personal experience with mental illness?: I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, I have depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. My dad has anger issues and my mom is ...well we dont know what she is. A mix of narcissism and other personality disorders. I have attempted suicide at 17 and I have been a hospitalized a handful of times.
Anything specific that could help the blog?: I really like helping people. I feel that since I made it through that I should help others get through.
Time of day and amount of time you can be online?: I really dont have a life, like at all.
Anything else?: Im always here to help. Smile
Kyara
Kyara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  venus-in-lilac Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Hello Kyara c: What is your tumblr URL? Sorry if I sound oblivious, I'm not good with matching names to faces, in this case, to urls. Both my father and grandmother have NPD, pretty much runs in the family, so I can relate to an extent there.

WAIT I KNOW WHO YOU ARE
Oooh.
Yeah.
venus-in-lilac
venus-in-lilac

Back to top Go down

Post  rose-amour Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:14 pm

So who wants to make the page? I'll add it to the toolbar in the description if someone writes it. My sister is in labor right now, so I kinda can't stay on very long.
rose-amour
rose-amour

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyara Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:07 pm

No worries Cod Smile I am horrible with names also, I just had to look up your name to make sure I got it right. If anyone else is wondering my url is ramblingcontortionist Smile

And I love what you did with the theme Rachel!!! Its very pretty, and I think the colors go very well together Smile
I will be sending good vibes to your sister! I hope it is a fast labor for her sake. Smile

p.s. sorry if I put a lot of smiley faces, I feel like with typing its hard to show emotion and I dont want any one to think that I am being sarcastic or mean or anything. Smile
Kyara
Kyara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyara Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:32 pm

I can make the meet the admit page Smile send me what you want me to have as your description, or I can leave it blank
Kyara
Kyara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaperIsBlood Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Wait ... so I wrote something but it got deleted or I hit the wrong button and sent the post to someone. IF SO I APOLOGIZE TO THAT PERSON = . =
I'm paperisblood.tumblr.com AKA Safet [Saf-et] also co-admin of Mental Illness Mouse, PTSD Puma, and Hate-Help-Hotline. So, I have some experience helping out and directing people to resources
My real name is Vivian but I answer to either Safet or Vivian
Diagnosed with PTSD [incestual child sexual abuse]
still struggling with dissociation, anxiety/panic attacks, auditory/visual hallucinations, and SI
I haven't been hospitalized before. I had a couple therapy sessions but nothing really came of them : \

err...
I think that's it.... if I remember anything else relevant I think i'll put it down . _ .
oh yeah... I'm online usually 8 - 11 PM PST on all days of the week
I should be online late morning/afternoon at random times on most days.

PaperIsBlood

Back to top Go down

Post  kadelle_fyeahmadpride Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 am

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven testing testing 1 2 3 Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat
santa santa hahahahaha
kadelle_fyeahmadpride
kadelle_fyeahmadpride

Back to top Go down

We have to get to know each other. Empty k adelle introduction

Post  kadelle_fyeahmadpride Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:34 am

blog URL: fuckyeahmadpride.tumblr.com (& kadelleindex.tumblr.com)
Personal experience with mental illness?: i'm a white Queer Feminist jersey grrrl and was misdiagnosed with ADD & depression as a teenager. I am/diagnosed with Bipolar II (aka Bipolar "!!" hahah) and am/diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder which is likely a result of the intersection between my symptoms and being confined. Six/Seven years ago I was involuntarily confined in a level two all girls treatment facility for 15 months. Before this I was part of a study/experiment with the antipsychotic medication, Seroquel (for bipolar 2), and I have been off all my meds for six years. I quietly identify as a psychiatric survivor. Related to the aforementioned titles of the way I bear symptoms, I also strongly identify with paranoia, visual and auditory experiences, suicidal thoughts/attempts, self harm, and mania. I'm a psych major and I moderate the tumblr
fuckyeahmadpride, & help moderate PTSD Puma with some great people also in this forum! I'm very serious about the ethics of advice-giving and helping.
Anything specific that could help the blog?: I primarily identify as Mad, not with my diagnoses. But yanno at the same time damn diagnoses can be helpful shorthand. I am a senior psych major. Related to this, I am MOST passionate about Bowen Family Systems theory, Carl Jung/Jungian Depth Psychology, and Gestalt Therapy (fritz perls). These theories are important to me because they contextualize & connect clients/patients/us back to larger, mutual energetic contexts (society, the multigenerational family, the collective unconscious, etc). I am open to talking more about this anytime!!
Time of day and amount of time you can be online?: i am very manic and inconsistent. but i am happy to make sure to fill in when we find out where the gaps are. redeye shift Wink (DOUBLE ENTENDRE ALERTTT)
Anything else?: I am so honored and excited to be a part of this project. I am touched by the vulnerability already expressed here in the forum with us really sharing about ourselves. I want to affirm that this is sacred space & i have mad respect for all of us. <3
i love cats, coffee, snow, and bell hooks. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
santa bahahahaha
much love,
k. adelle
kadelle_fyeahmadpride
kadelle_fyeahmadpride

Back to top Go down

We have to get to know each other. Empty lolll

Post  kadelle_fyeahmadpride Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:23 am

haha you all,
i totally thought there was like 18 of us in here and i was like WHERE IS EVERYONE?? but after Cod's post I'm like whaaat we're like a little crew!! <3 <3 <3
So hello! hello Cod, Kyara, Vivian/Safet, Rachel Rose, and tin foil?? <3 <3 tin foil where are thou?? <3 <3 i'm so glad to be doing this project with you all. that hugs website 2day totally got me crying. :') :') aand now i'm having a chocolate milkshake and watching christmas movies. claymation rudolph!! the island of misfit toys = perfect meme platform for mad pride?? the song the little girl reindeer sings? "there's always tomorrow for dreams to come true..." = more crying :')
anyway i just wanted to check in again. albino
love <3
adelle
kadelle_fyeahmadpride
kadelle_fyeahmadpride

Back to top Go down

Post  venus-in-lilac Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:39 am

Hello Katherine ~
I hope my last post on twas wasn't out of place. I get a lot of more negatively driven posts on my tumblr, not that many touchy feely posts. And there weren't any asks today that I saw. I very much liked the hugs website too, thank you very much Kyara.
It's a pleasure to meet you all and hear about you, I really admire all of you. Looking forward to my time here.
And to Rachel - I hope your sister is going well and likewise her child Very Happy
venus-in-lilac
venus-in-lilac

Back to top Go down

Post  kadelle_fyeahmadpride Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:07 am

Hey! <3
Safet, no way totally not out of place Smile <3 p.s. marlonnnn whaaattt that gif u posted is so good i can't even deal with itttt <3
Yes! Rachel! hope you and your sister and her baby are napping and doing well Smile Smile
cat Sleep
catnaps Smile
<3 k.adelle
ps don't you think this looks like a mouse eating swiss cheese maybe??:

# <3O~
kadelle_fyeahmadpride
kadelle_fyeahmadpride

Back to top Go down

Post  venus-in-lilac Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 am

Who is Marlon? ;c I will eventually be decent with names, I do apologise.
I do like your mouse, Katherine, it does look indeed like one.
I hope everyone is well. I had an appointment with a gp this afternoon to get forms filled out, applying for a disability support pension. Fingers crossed for approval.
venus-in-lilac
venus-in-lilac

Back to top Go down

Post  PaperIsBlood Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:55 pm

hahahha it's a great gif xD
Cod, sorry if we confused you Very Happy
we were talking about the film for the musical Guys and Dolls and Marlon Brando has a leading role in the film. So I posted a gif of Marlon Brando on my personal tumblr.

PaperIsBlood

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyara Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Good luck Cod! I hope you get it Very Happy
How is everyone else doing? I have had a bit of a hard week, but Im trying to keep moving.
Also, I need people's bios for the 'Meet the admits' page. You can send them here or submit to twas
Kyara
Kyara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  venus-in-lilac Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:11 pm

I haven't heard much from anyone so I wanted to say, I hope everyone is well, safe, and managing. I'm going in for a job assessment interview in a couple of hours to finally see if I'm eligible for disability support and then I just have to wait for a letter saying if I've been accepted or declined. Thank you, Kyara :3
venus-in-lilac
venus-in-lilac

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyara Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:01 pm

You are right, we havent really talked a lot recently. Im sorry for not posting much recently, I just got a job and its 6 days a week :/ but its money so I guess I cant complain.

Good luck with the interview! I hope everyone else is doing well
Kyara
Kyara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum